All coaches and families must abide by these Guidelines in order to participate in YLT
Guidelines set as of 6/12/20 which are subject to change as we learn more.
COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Infected people have had a wide range of symptoms reported – from mild symptoms to severe illness.
- Coaches and children should stay home if they show any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19. Please be respectful of everyone around you and give us notice and stay home, if you have any health concerns. Be Safe!
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
BEFORE EACH YLT CLASS:
Please pre-screen yourself and any family members by taking your temperature to check for a fever. PLEASE PLAN TO STAY HOME AND Email Laura and Rachel to let us know if you are showing any symptoms or have been exposed to anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19. Possible symptoms are listed above.
Contact Info: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaches must bring printed roster with emergency/parent contact info to each class and have roster out before kids arrive.
- Parents must provide a cell phone number or phone number on the roster where they can be reached during YLT. Parents provide this info when registering.
- Only healthy children will be permitted to play YLT and enter the courts.
- Parent must list any allergies their child has when registering so that this info will be noted on the roster for the coaches. Allergies can cause runny noses and sneezing (which are may be misinterpreted as a symptoms of COVID-19).
- Coaches will sit out any kids showing symptoms of COVID-19 while playing YLT and immediately call the parents to pick up the child.
- Parents, Siblings, Care-Givers and Guardians are NOT permitted to enter the tennis courts or enclosed area of tennis courts, before, during or after YLT.
- Only coaches and kids listed on your roster are permitted on the tennis courts or inside the enclosed area of the tennis courts during YLT. 2 kids per court.
- Parents will drop off their kids with a coach and maintain social distancing at all times. Parents are not permitted to stay and watch or socialize.
- Coaches and children should wear facial masks when entering and leaving the courts, although you do not need to wear them while playing tennis on the courts.
- Coaches meet kids at entrance to tennis courts and take roll to allow each child to enter the court single file who appears to be healthy while maintaining their social distance.
- All Participants including Coaches are required to wear gloves to class for the entire time they are at the YLT site. Coaches must verify that each child is wearing gloves before they are permitted to enter the courts.
- Coaches and Kids who are not wearing gloves will be sent home and not permitted to enter the courts.DURING YLT:
- If there are tennis players or anyone on the courts when you arrive, our coaches will let them know what time YLT is starting and ask them to leave the courts before the kids and coaches enter the courts together. Maintain social distancing.
- Max kids per coach is 8. 4 kids (yellow or blue level only) per full tennis court at baseline / Each child on 1/2 of court; 2 kids per pee wee tennis court (1 per baseline) playing singles; to maintain minimum of 18’ apart at all times. YLT, Coaches and Participants must comply with each location’s guidelines.
- Coaches and kids do not need to wear a mask while playing tennis.
- Coaches and kids MUST wear athletic gloves while on the tennis court at all times. We recommend baseball, golf or football gloves.
- Coaches will assess kids levels on the first day and assign each child to a coach to create a group of up to 8 kids per coach. Coaches partner each child with 1 other player to play singles with for the entire session. If a child is absent on the first day, they will be assessed quickly when they arrive and should be assigned to a coach and partnered with a player based on their level/age.
- QS & Green play 1.5 hours / Red, Yellow and Blue play 2 hours
- Coaches will be diligent with their assessments to make sure to group the kids properly on the first day based on age/level. Coaches will keep a record of the assigned groups, and partners, so that the same kids can be grouped and paired together for the entire 8 week session.
- If level is similar, group all relatives together. Members of separate households or living units must remain at least six feet apart at all times.
- Each coach will instruct their kids on their court and remain separate from the other groups.
- Coaches can NOT swap or switch kids for the entire session once groups have been established. Children shall not change from one group to another during a session and should be contained to the court/courts assigned for their group.
- Each coach is solely responsible for supervising/coaching their own group of kids. If there is more than one group of kids (more than 1 class running simultaneously), the groups may not mix or interact with more than one coach.
- Coaches may not touch other students in any way.
- Coaches may not high-five, shake hands or fist bump another coach parent or child. Create a Cheer with your players instead!
- No hugging or physical contact of any kind with students or other coaches while at YLT.
- Coaches will utilize cones or markers to organize students and keep kids 6’ apart during drills and games. Only coach touches their own cones.
- Coach can # all tennis balls 1-8 and assign each child a # ball to use.
- Coach will teach kids how to pass balls to other kids with their racket by pushing the ball on the ground to roll to the other player. This will limit the # of times each child is touching the balls. Kids should only pick up their # ball.
- Coaches organize class by having all kids play at their baselines. Coach stands at the net to instruct their players and will drill each child individually by going to each court, so that kids and coaches maintain social distancing while drilling.
- Each participant should bring their own water bottles which are clearly marked and avoid touching or using public water fountains.
- Bring tissues or a handkerchief for contained sneezing and coughing if you have allergies.
- Adhere to CDC guidelines by not touching your face (after handling a ball or racket).
- Each participant should bring their own hand-sanitizer and have it clearly marked.
- Participants should set up their belongings along the side of the court in between each court, so that they are spaced out 6’ apart during water breaks.
- Maintain proper social distancing from other players in between games and during time outs. During water breaks, kids and coaches should go directly to where they set up their water, etc and maintain social distancing. Coaches should remind kids to use their hand sanitizer at the end of each water break, if they remove their gloves.
- Participants/Coaches should not share items including: hand-sanitizer, water bottles, sun screen, gloves, rackets or towels.
DO NOT PLAY IF YOU:
• Are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 OR have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Are a vulnerable individual with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, or whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
WHEN PLAY HAS ENDED COACHES AND FAMILIES SHOULD:
- Put on your facial mask after play has ended; continue to wear your gloves until you are in your car.
- Avoid post YLT socializing. Leave the courts as soon as play has ended.
- Parents wait outside to pick up their child after YLT has ended.
- Each coach should walk their group to the tennis court entrance/exit to meet their parents.
- Limit your distance to six feet or more to other players while waiting for parents outside of the courts.
- Remember, no child can be left unattended and must remain with their coach until they are met by an adult picking up.
- Coaches charge $1 per minute for time spent babysitting after class ends. Parents should pick up promptly.
- Everyone is responsible for disinfecting their own equipment.
- Clean and wipe down your rackets and racket bags and water bottles. Do not share equipment with others.
- Coaches, parents and children should all wear masks during pick-up.
- After putting your equipment away; enter your car and take your gloves off.
- Use hand sanitizer in the car.
- Wash your hands & your clothes and gloves when you get home.
Please always be respectful of others and err on the side of caution. Health of our coaches and families is our main priority.
Please email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you are aware of anyone who is NOT following all of these safety guidelines.